Unassigned issues are turned off

meena radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2012

The server returned the following errors: Assignee: The default assignee does NOT have ASSIGNABLE permission OR Unassigned issues are turned off.

I am getting the above error message when tried to submit an issue from Firefox Bonfire plugin. The default assignee for this project (who is also the project lead) has the assignable permission set. I not sure where to check for the second part 'Unassigned issues'.

3 answers

1 vote
Arto Kangas November 27, 2019

I have similar problem but ' Allow Unassigned Issue' is ON and the project does not have any Components in use.

Any idea what could cause this issue?

1 vote
NathanG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2015

Check your components configuration for your project... if you have components set to be assigned to "Unassigned", then that will override the default assignee setting on the roles screen.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2012

Allow 'Unassigned Issue' is a configuration under 'General Configuration'. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options

Seems like the default user (project lead) doesn't have 'assignable permission' - maybe set incorrectly and hence it tries to fallback to 'UnAssigned'!

Suggest an answer