Unable transition issues that are added after a sprint started

Deleted user March 7, 2018

Hi there,

i had to add three more issues to our current sprint.

Now I am unable to transition theses issues from ToDo to neither InProgress nor Done.

With every task that was added before the sprint started transitioning is no problem.

Only the task that where added after show this behavior.

I checked all permission settings and I should have every required permission.

I also checked with other team members and they are running into the same problem.

Does anyone have an idea of how to solve that problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Do you have any validation criteria not being met on the statuses you are transitioning to?

Hi Meg. I have not set any validations for transitioning issues!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Have you checked the permission tool to verify? 

You can specify the exact issue and what you're trying to do, as well as who is making the change. This could weed out potential permission issues. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2018

Another question would be, are the issues you can't transitions associated with a different project than the ones you can move? 

So I checked each issue individually in the permission settings and I have the required rights (transition rights)

But here comes the weird part. When I try to move them in a bulk change (As an alternative to drag&drop) it tells me that transitioning the issue is N/A since i don't have the permissions

And I can rule out the association to different projects as well. The issues are only associated to the one project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2018

If the permission helper says "no permission", and you've not got transitions going out, then that points squarely at transition conditions, not validators (validators happen after you start a transition, conditions block them appearing at all)

That's the thing. The permission helper tells me that I have access. So i was trying to figure out a work around on how to transition these issues. One way was a bulk change.

It was possible to use "bulk change" also on single issue. But in the bulk change operator form that pops up i am told that transitioning is not possible (transitioning issues N/A) for that issue.

So basically jira contradicts itself here.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2018

I'm confused now.  Do you have an issue you cannot transition after it was added?  What does the permission helper tell you about that?  Now if you bulk edit, and select that single same issue, can you transition it?

Sorry for the confusion. I try to clarify again:

• added issues to a current sprint (after the start of the sprint)
  • Permission helper says I have the permission to transition it --> but in reality i can't
  • tried alternative options like bulk change but the bulk change form tells me transtition operation is N/A 

So overall no matter what I try I can't transition the issues even though I should have the necessary rights

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2018

Ok, so can you transition the issue from the plain issue view?  Does the transition appear in the workflow bar?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events