Unable to view the workflow (and assign it) in Administration for Project(s)

Shaun Wuth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 11, 2012

I added a new project, and needed to change the default workflow that it uses. I entered the administration screen, selected the project, and clicked on workflows. An error message showed: The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down.. I thought it could perhaps be something about the new project, but trying it on other projects results in the same response. All other screens seem to work. I can also edit the workflow itself, by going directly to it via the Admin page. So it just seems to be an issue of assigning it to a project.

I did some searching, and came across this: http://quisapps.com/node/86

However, I do not have the JFS plugin installed as far as I can see.

Background about my installation: I set up a new onDemand account, and the imported the Jira setup I had from my previous server, so it could be some configuration mismatch between the two.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shaun Wuth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2012

turns out it is a browser issue. firefox works fine, whereas the rest don't. I've subsequently found other areas with prpblems, that also only work in firefox.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2012

So, are you using OnDemand or your own installation?

If it's your own installation, then you need to start reading the log file to see if there are errors in there (around the time you try the assigning). If it's OnDemand, then you need to contact OnDemand support to get them to do much the same.

Suggest an answer