Unable to view security level field in issue layouts on the new issue jira issue view.

invinci April 9, 2019

Hi,

We have recently moved to Jira Cloud and as one can expect we are using the new jira issue view, but not the next-gent projects yet. I have created all the schemes that make up a jira project (class project) and users starting logging their data until we reached a dead-end. The new jira issue view does not show the security level field and the only way for the user to edit/view this would be, by switching to the old view or through the issue navigator. 

I have verified all the configurations and everything seems right to me (or that's what I think of), but obviously I'm overlooking on something here. Can anyone let me know how to resolve this issue? Also has anyone run into similar issues with the new view?

Please advise.

Thank You!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2019

Hello,

I hope you are having a nice day.

Unfortunately, the behavior you are facing is a bug with the new issue view of JIRA.

Although the new issue view is a new beta feature which will continuously get improved before and after its full deployment, the ability to see and edit the security levels is something expected to be working since the very beginning. That's why we reported it as a bug here:

Jira New Issue view does not display the Security Level of an issue

Feel free to vote and watch the bug to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates on its fix implementation.

For now, we recommend you to keep using the old issue layout to view/edit the security level of your issues.

Let us know if you still have any questions.

Guillermo Leyendeker May 25, 2019

I spend 6 hours trying to make it work, checking all the configurations dozens times, reading a lot of posts, thinking that the problem was me.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2019

Hello Guillermo,

Sorry to hear you've spent so much time trying to figure out something that should be fixed from our side.

Please, let me know if there's something else I can help with. Have a nice week!

Peter Koay June 27, 2019

Please fix this, as we have multiply parties/vendors to see or not seeing certain bugs, and it may need to be changed during the issue triage. How long does it takes resolve this? we need this badly.

0 votes
Andrey Holovko December 11, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves Does this issue solved?

invinci December 11, 2019

@Andrey Holovko 
This issue has been resolved after a long wait and we have been using it ever since. You can check the reported Bug HERE to view in Atlassian's backlog.

Suggest an answer