Unable to view any values under status filter

Rajiv Sundariyal October 3, 2019

I was trying to filter out my Jira tickets based on certain criteria. As a result the search does return all the tickets for a given project but "Status:All" section displays "No Matches".

QUESTION

If the search results has the "Status" column and has all the tickets displayed then why does the "Status" filter shows "No Matches". I was expecting the "Status" to contain values like "Open" , "Close", "Done" etc.

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

Hi Rajiv - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am not not experiencing that problem with my Cloud instance. Maybe try clicking on Switch to JQL and then add:

AND Status = (at this point see if a list of statuses comes up for you as hints)

Thank You John for the information. However, i want to view all the statuses under which all the tickets pertaining to a selected project could be displayed using "Switch to Basic" function.

When i enter a project all the related tickets irrespective of their status get displayed by default but when i try to filter the results based on certain "Status" like "Open", "Closed" etc i am unable to view such statuses displayed in the "Status" drop down list. When the try to edit the query using "Switch to JQL" then i do get a list of statuses to chose from for e.g. i can chose to have the results filtered on the basis of ticket status as "Backlog", "Closed" etc but there is no option to select "ALL" or "ANY" from the drop down list since i want to view all the ticket with "ANY" or "ALL" status.

On the contrary when i try to do the same thing using "Switch to Basic" then i do not get the ticket status listed in the "Status" drop down menu as highlighted in my previous snapshot attached. Rather i get "No Matches" under the "Status" drop down list.

I have two fold questions here:

1. What option do i select from the drop down list under "Status" to view all the ticket statuses while using "Switch to JQL".

2. What should i do so that all the ticket statuses get reflected in the drop down list under "Status" while using "Switch to Basic"image.pngimage.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

By default you will get all statuses if you do not add status as a part of the filter - for sure in the Switch to JQL query, and probably for Basic also, IOW, All is the default, whether selected or not. 

Not seeing the list of the individual statuses while in Basic mode is concerning since you see them in Switch to JQL mode (that is why I had you do that - to see if the two different modes responded differently, which they do). 

So, here are my answers for each item:

1. There is nothing to do for Status in Switch to JQL mode if you want to see all statuses - just don't mention Status in the query at all and you will get all statuses.

2. I would suggest you open a support ticket for the list not showing any statuses while in Basic mode. You can submit that here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

I hope that helps!

Thank You John for your assistance. Have raised a ticket for the same.

Just had another observation. When i change the project then i am able to view various statuses. Was wondering if the items in the "Status" drop down menu are project specific. Even if that is the case then i am still wondering why i am able to view all the tickets with all the statuses in the default search but not able to view all ticket statuses displayed in the "Switch To Basic" "Status" drop down menu.

Thank You so much for your assistance in this regard. You've been a great help.image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

Hi Rajiv - Statuses are sort of attached to a project in that the statuses are a part of a workflow and the workflow is attached to the project.

But all projects must be attached to a workflow, and therefore, must have at least one status that should show up in your dropdown. And the other thing is that you can see the statuses when in Switch to Jira mode but not in Basic mode. So that tells me the project has access to the statuses. 

It might be an indexing problem or something like that - support should be able to help you out.  :-)

Like Rajiv Sundariyal likes this
Rajiv Sundariyal October 4, 2019

Thank You John for your assistance. Have raised a ticket to Jira

Suggest an answer