Unable to upload attachments in Jira Datacenter

Jyotsna Chimakurthi August 17, 2022

Hi,

Only some set of people are unable to uploaded attachments even though users have all the required permissions. Out of 6 files 5 were getting uploaded but 1 file is kept failing with the errors.

I tried with switch user with users account and I able to upload attachments successfully with one of the mentioned users account

An internal error is occurred. Please contact your administrator.

Kindly provide your inputs.

2 answers

0 votes
said kouzibry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi,

Some questions to assess the situation :

• Do you have a reverse proxy or load balancer in front of Jira ? If so, which one ?
  • Is this a single node architecture or multi node ?
  • Is the attachment directory located at another location (network storage) ?

My best bet would be the reverse proxy, especially if you're using F5, hinted by the fact that you were able to upload the file from your machine but not the user from his

I would suggest reviewing the network tab on the browser to see what the error actually says but also look at the access log plus what @Sebastian Krzewiński suggested.

Best regards

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Jyotsna Chimakurthi 

Did you check logs for more details? Please do this. This can help you to find root cause of it.

Regards,

Seba

Jyotsna Chimakurthi September 2, 2022

Hi @Sebastian Krzewiński 

I have checked the logs but I couldn't find any error related to the attachment issue.

Suggest an answer