Unable to update default component assignment

Anand Koka June 24, 2012

In the Components Administration section, I am unable to change the 'default assignment' to Component Lead. I hit the 'Update' button and it clocks forever and not affecting the change.

We are running a hosted version of JIRA.

1 answer

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2012

Hi Anand,

I am not very certain what could has cause this problem. But, we can try to narrow down the problem by performing a few test:

• does the component get updated when you refresh the page ? update other project's component. Is it reproducible ?
  • What happen if we update a very small project with lesser component ?
  • access JIRA using different internet browser and try to update a component. Is there any difference ?
  • access JIRA directly while bypassing all network configuration and see if it is responding differently

I am suspecting a performance or network related problem has cause this problem. If the environment does not cause this behaviour, you might want to create a support ticket for this.

Best of luck.

Anand Koka June 28, 2012

Thank you, it worked. Your last point was accurate - when my browser was configured to go through my company's proxy server, it was causing an issue. Once I turned it off, it is working fine.

Suggest an answer