Unable to tag users using encoded text [~user]

Liam Rooney
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2020

Hi there,

We are using a zapier integration to create an issue on jira, previously we could include [~enzo] for example to tag a user, however, that no longer seems to work. I have tried with @ and /mention but it seems you are required to select the user from the dropdown which means it cannot work from our integration. Does anybody have any advice on how to achieve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Ben Kelley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2020

You can create a mention from your integration using the format [~accountid:abcde-12345] where abcde-12345 is the account ID of the user you are mentioning.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hello Liam,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Many things have changed in Jira in the past few years. The usernames were removed due to GDPR and a new editor was released for the new issue view and next-gen projects.

With that said, the [~mention] only works with the accountID on the old view. If adding a comment with the [~mention] it won't be converted correctly to mention in the new view.

There is a bug affecting this type of mention and also a feature request to add this option back to Cloud:

Please, click on This affects my team/Vote and watch to receive updates.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events