Unable to start sprint due to 'The requested board cannot be viewed'

Deleted user January 9, 2020

Hi,

We have used the same setting for months without any issue, however today we just got a strange error when trying to start the sprint. 

The requested board cannot be viewed because it either does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

I have checked the board and verified that all the permission and filter settings are still correct. I also tried to create a new board but it doesn't help. Please find my screenshot below and much appriciated for any advice. 

Thank you :)

Sprint start error:

image.png

Board Settings:

image.png

4 answers

3 votes
ian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 9, 2020

We faced the exact same issue. After trying to change permissions on project and filter without any positive effect, we simply created a new sprint, moved all the issues in that new sprint and we were able to start the sprint without problem...

Support should still try to investigate the root cause, but this could be a workaround for you as well.

Duy Duong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 9, 2020

Thanks Ian. I already tried the workaround and it works :)

Like # people like this
Josh Kronick January 9, 2020

oops i typed my reply before scrolling further to see this! 

but yea deleting and re-creating the sprint works!

Like Veera likes this
1 vote
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi Anh,

Please reach out to Atlassian Support team with the details. That way we can check and provide you with support specific to your circumstances.

Duy Duong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 9, 2020

Thanks Veera, I raised a request to Atlassian Support. 

Like Veera likes this
Josh Kronick January 9, 2020

@Duy Duong -- i was having this exact same issue this morning with one of my project managers.

when i went into the sprint board to start the sprint for them, (i am the JIRA Admin) it was also giving me the same issue, but i could see the board and i owned the filter and am a board admin... but yet was receiving the same issue...

i found no answers in the forums/on the internet, so i just figured i would try deleting the sprint and recreating it, and that worked!

i was able to start the sprint after that no problem. i think it may just have gotten fouled up in the backend somehow, but we use JIRA Cloud.

hope this helps and saves you some time!

Like Veera likes this
0 votes
Akhil Krishnan April 18, 2022

Root cause is "board which sprint/s originated"(Origin board) would have deleted/no permission to view the same. 

0 votes
Kat Gifford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 24, 2020

This work around of starting a new sprint bucket and starting that sprint also worked for me. 

Side note: it had the odd effect of disappearing the original sprint when I started it's replacement. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events