Unable to share filters even though the user groups I'm in have Create Shared Objects permission

Fl0r1an January 17, 2018

I am struggling to share filters at all; coming from this ticket https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Unable-to-share-a-filter/qaq-p/679466 I was hoping to find a solution.

Same thing as in the ticket above: I have admin privilegues and the following permissions are set:

Permissions:

I am a member of Jira-administrators, and Jira-developers. In addition, I have verified both these groups have the "Create Shared Objects" global permission, as verified in System -> Global Permissions.

I have read the information about filters, sharing filters etc. here > https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver076/saving-your-search-as-a-filter-941595927.html#editing_filters

Sharing a filter

Filters that you have created can be shared with other users via user groups, projects, and project roles. They can also be shared globally. Any filter that is shared is visible to users who have the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission. See Managing other users' shared filtersbelow.

1. Click the My tab on the 'Manage Filters' page.
  2. Locate the filter you wish to share, click the cog icon > Edit.
  3. Update the Add Shares field by selecting the group, project, or project role that you want to share the filter with, and clicking Add. Note that you can only share filters with groups/roles of which you are a member.

Collapse

You need the Create Shared Object global permission to configure sharing for a filter. Contact your JIRA administrator to obtain this permission.

4. Click Save to save your changes.

Tip: You can also share your filter by running it, then clicking Details > Edit Permissions.

When I create a filter, save it, edit it there is no way for me to set groups/users etc. as those drop-downs to set groups/users (in area Add Shares) are loaded for 1 mili-second and then hidden, screenshot attached.

Funny thing: a colleague next to me with exact same permissions has the ability to share filters, please advise!

We are self-hosting and using JIRA v7.6.1

Share_filter.png

1 answer

Suggest an answer