Unable to set comment visibility in the new Jira issue view?

Kendall Smith August 30, 2018

How will we be able to set comment visibility in the new Jira issue view?

Old:

Old comment field.png

New:New comment field.png

3 answers

0 votes
Robin September 6, 2018

Hi @Kendall Smith,

I have the same issue. With the 'JIRA New issue view' it is not possible to set the correct visibility (yet). 

Please also see this other topic. Hopefully with some feedback they will add it soon.

Regards,
Robin

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2018

Hello,

By default you can restrict comments to roles. Are you sure that your user is included to a role in the project, to which this issue belongs?

Yes, I haven't changed any of our configurations and they are working correctly in the old issue view (when I switch back and forth).

I think it's just a problem with the new Jira issue view vs. the old view because the area to assign comment visibility is missing. 

Like # people like this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2018

I also had it missing. But I did not have any role in the project. In the old view I guess, it is not checked. 

You're able to set comment visibility now with the new view after changing the roles on the project?

Is it one of the toolbar options in the comment field or is it somewhere else where the visibility is set? 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

I did not change roles, I just included myself to a role for the project.

It is the same toolbar in the comment field.

Or try to change settings, which will let you also restrict comments to groups. I guess, you are definately in a group. The toolbar must appear.

You can change this setting here:

System->General Configuration->Comment Visibility

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the place where you set the visibility? Maybe I'm just missing it. 

I do already have comment visibility set to "Groups & Visitor Roles" in the settings and my user account is associated to more than one of those roles on the project(s). 

Thank you!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

Here it is

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

Kendall Smith August 31, 2018

That's actually the old comment field, this is the new one that we have:

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 9.00.53 AM.png

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2018

Ok. then we synchronized our understanding of the old and the new interface. I also can not restrict comments in this screen. That is why I do not use it :) 

0 votes
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

Hi @Kendall Smith,

Do you have the setting in place? Try System>General Configuration and set the Comment Visibility property to Groups & Project Roles. For more information click here.

I do, the comment visibility options work fine when I switch back to the old Jira issue view but I don't see any way to restrict visibility with the new comment field. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer