Unable to set Due Date on Issue

dynamicl January 3, 2018

Tried this on a few issues in a sample project and a new project with a new issue.

All the fields on the right hand side can be edited with the exception of due date. If I clicked over the grey text 'None' it doesn't do anything at all. I've tried in Chrome and IE and I cant set it in either. 

Am I missing something? Does it rely on another field being set first?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Hello,

The duedate field must be added to the edit screen for the issuetype and the user must have the schedule issues permission.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Click the edit button and see if the duedate on the edit screen

Like Mick Might likes this
dynamicl January 3, 2018

Can't see the Due Date field on the edit screen.

dynamicl January 3, 2018

Ok, think I got there.

Added the 'Due Date' field to the 'Default Issue Screen' Screen configuration. Now when I pull up the issue and click 'Due Date' it shows the calendar.

Thanks for your help!

Like Mick Might likes this
Anton Bernstein January 8, 2018

@dynamicl's solution worked for me. Thanks!

Laurens Pieters April 17, 2018

This is it indeed! Thanks!  (found after two hours of searching and trying stuff)
If you're not sure, thick al those boxes...!

Shenly Glenn June 17, 2018

We did all of this, and no Due Date option appears. We set permissions for any administrator to Schedule Issues. Yet, no option for Due Date is available to us. Time tracking is there, but that doesn't allow us to set a Due Date. What should we do? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

Go into edit the issue in full, then look to the top right of the window for "configure fields".  In that menu, there should be a "where is my field" option.

This should list all the reasons that a field might not appear, flagging any that are blocking it with a cross and a link to what needs to be changed to make it work.

0 votes
dynamicl January 3, 2018

This is a trial by the way, just set it up today. Could the field be disabled in the trial period?

Thanks

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2018

No, it can not be disabled

0 votes
Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2018

Hello,

Please check the permission scheme of the project and then the Schedule Issues permissions. Your user / group must have permission to change the Due Date

dynamicl January 3, 2018

The permission scheme looks like the default ...

Schedule Issues

Ability to view or edit an issue's due date.

Project role

- atlassian-addons-project-access

Application access

- Any logged in user

I created the project and I'm the administrator. I even added the site-admins group to the schedule permission above, logged out and logged back in and still nothing when I click on 'None' under Due Date.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Suggest an answer