Unable to search custom field, error message "Field 'Job Title[Short text]' is not searchable"

John Izquierdo April 20, 2023

Hi,

I've followed the instructions from: JQL fails with "Field 'field_name' is not searchable, it is only sortable" message | Jira | Atlassian Documentation

and given my custom field a Seach Template but it is still not searchable. Any thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

A reindex may be required. In Jira Cloud there is not an option for you to manually trigger a reindex. They are supposed to happen automatically when need, such as when a field search template is changed.

Has it been some time since you made the change. If not, you might wait a few hours and try again.

John Izquierdo April 25, 2023

Hi, Trudy

Still no luck, it's been 5 days now and the custom field is still not searchable.

Maybe I can change the Search Template, wait a day, change it back, wait another day, and see if anything changes.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

I am stumped.

If you are using a paid Jira subscription, I suggest you contact Atlassian Support for additional assistance. And please report back here what you learn.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer