Unable to save comments for a specific ticket

Natalija Zanpera March 1, 2022

Hello,

Even though we have Admin rights, we're unable to save a comment once it's written, and it's only happening with a specific ticket within a project. So we do have the possibility to write comments, but when we click save, nothing happens. (It's not the attachment in the comment having specific characters or the text format). 

One colleague figured out a way to post a comment by sorting the comments to "Oldest first", which is strange that we need to have it filtered like that in order for it to work. 

Could anyone know why we might be having this issue? Can it be related to the size of the ticket, attached documents or something similar?

Thank you in advance, it's much appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Luis Eder Rivera March 30, 2023

Hello @Natalija Zanpera , did you solve the issue? I'm having the same with one of my tickets :/ 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2022

I don't know what is going wrong, but having Admin rights only gets you admin functions. This seems to be a common misconception. Everything in issues is controlled by the permission scheme associated with the project. Unless the scheme gives the admin all permissions having admin rights doesn't get you anything in the project except administering the project. Giving admins carte blanche rights in ANY software is a VERY BAD MODEL. 

Suggest an answer