Unable to raise comments from email - No default mail handler

Andrew Stubbs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 15, 2018

Within my Jira Cloud configuration, I am attempting to enable adding comments by replying to email notifications sent by Jira.

From reading the documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-779288896.html), I believe I need to configure a Cloud Email Handler, but the docs state "This mail handler is automatically created with your default cloud mail server".

Another part of the docs reads: "Select the default server, or choose a server if additional ones have been configured"

I do not have a default cloud mail server in my mail server list, which is blocking me from adding this Cloud Email Handler. How can I go about getting the default mail server added to my Jira instance (presumably one that listens to jira@myinstance.atlassian.net? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Stubbs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 15, 2018

I raised an issue with Atlassian support and they have 'restored' the default mail server and cloud handler.

I assume that anybody else with this problem will need to contact support directly as well

Suggest an answer