Unable to parse created date

I am attempting to import data from a csv file using the import wizard.  I have a field for Date Created and Date Resolved. The excel format is dd/MMM/yy h:mm a and in JIRA the format is setup as dd/MMM/yy h:mm a.

I keep receiving the following error each time I import:

2015-04-10 15:29:14, 990 WARN - Unable to parse created date 31Mar/15 9:00 a

2015-04-10 15:29:14. 990 WARN - Unable to parse created dateStr 31/Mar/15 9:30 a

I have tried several different date formats (made sure the JIRA and excel formats matched) and I get the same parsing error each time.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 vote

Hey Youmna,

Please take a look at the second question of this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Commonly+Asked+CSV+Questions+and+Known+Issues

Regards,

Arthur Gonçalves

Arthur,

I made sure the date from the configuration file matches the date coming from the csv file.

It states that "JIRA system date fields such as Created, Updated, and Due Date use "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" but may need an offset adding.  I tried this format and still received the parsing error.  How do I ad an offset?

See screenshots below on configuration:

date picker.JPG

look and feel.JPG

Did you ever find an solution to this? I'm having the same problem.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

211 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you