Unable to edit fields using keyboard shortcuts "," or "." in the new Jira Issue View

omar infante January 20, 2021

No one in my team is able to use the "." or "," keyboard shortcuts to jump to fields to edit them in the new Jira issue view like we could in the classic Jira issue view. This is really important to our workflow and being able to efficiently work tickets. Everyone on my team is both a site admin and a Jira admin and we have access to edit issues on all of the projects that we tested this on. We're able to use these shortcuts just fine when we switch to the old view and we've been using the old view for months, however, the permanent switchover to the new view is imminent and I'd like to get this figured out before then.

We're able to use some keyboard shortcuts, and we're able to pull up the keyboard shortcuts menu.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 102102.png

When we press "," to try and use the jump to fields for editing shortcut listed in the shortcuts menu, nothing happens.

When we press "." to bring up the command menu, the only options available are admin options.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 102353.png

However, after switching to the old view I can use the "," or "." shortcuts to bring up the command menu and jump to fields to edit them with no issues.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 102517.png

This is an issue on all types of Jira projects, whether they're classic software, classic service desk, or next-gen software projects.

I have also tested as non-admin users and the issue is the same except that they have no options when they bring up the command menu. I thought I had a non-admin user test before and they were able to jump to fields but I can't reproduce that now.

Any insight into this issue would be extremely helpful in helping my team transition to the new Jira Issue view.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

Thanks Omar - just saw your feedback item that pointed me to this post. I will check with the new issue product manager and get back to you via your feedback ticket!

thanks!

Liron

Fabrice Marguerie August 1, 2023

No progress on this? This makes me really sad.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

I seem to recall reading that changed. Have you tried using "?"

I did. That's actually what the first screenshot I posted is of. It's the ? menu in the new Jira Issue View. It just lists "," as the appropriate shortcut but it doesn't bring up anything.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

yes agreed that does not work in the new issue view. I checked JAC and found a few mentions of issues w/ the shortcuts. Here is one - JSWCLOUD-16323 but not precisely the same issue mentioned. I recommend using the feedback or even contacting support.

Ok, thank you very much!

Suggest an answer