Unable to edit Resolution

Vic King April 18, 2024

Hi JIRA Support Team,  

Can you please provide us with the steps to allow users within our organization to edit Jira tickets' resolution once they are updated to "Done"?

Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.45.18 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi Vic - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Basically, you need to add a self looping transition on the Resolved status (that's a transition that goes from a status back to itself). Then add a screen to the transitions that has the Resolution field on the screen so it can but update. You might want to add a Condition to the transition also to control how is allowed to do that. 

Vic King April 18, 2024

Hi John, 

I have shared this with my product management team. He will have the permission to make the updates to our account. I really appreciate your responding to my message. 

I hope you're having a great day! 

Best,

Vic

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

You are very welcome. 

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Hi @Vic King 

Welcome to our Community.

Please go to the workflow status property of this issue type. Change to this:

jira.issue.editable = true

image.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

YY哥

Vic King April 18, 2024

You are the best! I don't believe I have those permissions. I will share this with my product manager. Thank you! :)

Have a great day! 

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Good luck! Vic.

Vic King April 18, 2024

Thank you, YY! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events