It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to delete test case in Jira

I have recently installed Zephry for Jira and to test the import function I have created several test cases (which I do not actually need). I have tried navigating to the issue to delete the test case but unable to see a delete option? any ideas?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sure, note that you will still need to follow the steps above, Zephyr will not have delete option within the test case even though you are a system admin.

You should be able to do that by:

1. Searching the test case(s) - Issues > Search for Issues
  2. Bulk change > Select test case > delete
  3. Next and done

Thank you for the reply. - It appears I do not have the access to delete the issue, I will go forth and demand access! :)

You can delete the Test Case if you have added it to a Structure.

In the Structure view locate the Test Case and on the 'Action's' drop down on the right hand side the bottom Option is to Delete.

Hi,

I am unable to delete a test case in JIRA. Could you please let me know which permission is required to delete to test case

Anybody had any success for this? I too want to delete some test cases that were created accidentally. What permissions do I need to have to be able to delete test cases

In my case it was all about the permissions. 

Zephyr uses Jira's permission 'Delete Issues' to control whether user can delete test cases. So make sure that you have that permission and everything is pretty easy then.

Like LakshmiS likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

274 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you