Unable to delete screens in JIRA

I have a few screens that were created but never used now as I am trying to clean up JIRA I am unalbe to delete them I do not get delete all I get is Configure Edit Copy

I know that it says Note: it is only possible to delete a screen if it is not part of a Screen Scheme and is not used in any workflows.

None of the ones I want to delete are part of any workflow or screen scheme

6 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

In this case, I would recommend you to report a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/so we can investigate further what might be causing the 'Delete' link to be missing.

I had a similar problem and in the end JIRA cooperated and rendered the delete link.

The problem was that I had imported a JIRA workflow from another server which referenced a couple of invalid screen ids. Those erroneous references would appear as "Screen: null" on the edit transition  toolbox (the one that appears on the right when you select a transition).

As soon as I corrected those transitions, all unused screens could get deleted.

This should be marked as the answer. The Delete link rendered for me after cleaning up old workflows that some were likely corrupt.

0 vote

Hi Michelle,

From the symptoms you described, it might be the case that you are hitting the problem addressed by the KB below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/No+delete+option+on+Screens

Could you please check if the KB works?

Cheers,

Danilo

This is not the issue when I run the first query I get the name for the screen then when I run the second one with the name in it I get nothing returned so it is not part of a workflow.

I have the same issue with Michelle and I cannot delete the screens which is not used / referenced in the workflow. Is there any way to remove it?

1. First go to  "Issue type screen schemes" and delete unused schemes 
  2. Then go to "Screen schemes" and delete the unused schemes
  3. Finally you will get an option to delete the "Screens" and you can delete unused screens

Hope this will help you.

Thanks Mohd Zakir.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

290 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you