Unable to create subtask with current assignee

Vishnu Vardhan Chenna May 25, 2023

Hi Community members,

I'm trying to create subtask with current assignee( create issue permission-current assignee) I'm unable to create.

please help me in this case.

Regards.

1 answer

0 votes
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Vishnu Vardhan Chenna ,

You can check the below KB.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/error-when-creating-subtask-we-couldn-t-create-the-subtask-1101932556.html

For Further troubleshooting, Please share the error screenshot.

Hi Manoj Kumar,

I have checked the default assignee field and it is in Unassigned state.

please check the below screen shot.

Regards.

vishnu vardhan.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-25 at 4.30.08 PM.jpeg

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Ahh, You have not added the Summary field on the Sub-task Issue Screen.

Go the project settings>>Screens>>Open the Sub-task assigned Screen scheme then open the Screen and add the Summary field to the Create Screen.

As an Admin Role I have created the subtask but with specified role I'm unable to create subtask. 

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

If the 'Default Assignee' is not a valid assignable user, the sub-task will not be able to be created. In this case, update the project settings to either 'Unassigned' or to a valid user and then 'Save'. This should address to error and allow you to create Subtasks as normal.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events