Unable to create new status and workflow

aileen sim November 5, 2013

We are trying to use the SCRUM board feature, and I need to create new Statuses to set up the board.

I found the support article: Adding a new Issue Status and Workflow.

The first steps say:

1. Click Administrationin the top navigation bar.
  2. Click Issues > Statuses.

However, this instruction seems to be out of date.

1) I don't see an Issues tab.

2) There is an Issues Types page, but I don't see anywhere I can create a Status.

This is what I see: http://i.imgur.com/fD40qjt.png

Can anyone please help? What is the url for where I can create a new status?

Thanks much!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

Hi Aileen,

You are looking at JIRA 5.1 documentation. Refer to the latest version.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+'Status'+Field+Values

Also, from the screenshot you have posted, you are currently in the Project Administration screen.

You need to be a system administrator to add statuses. Try this.

1. From your dashboard, click on the COG icon on the top right corner of the page and select Issues. (COG icon is located to the left of your profile picture on the top right corner of the dashboard)

2. Look for "Issue Attributes", "Statuses" and you will be able to add new statuses here

aileen sim November 5, 2013

Bhushan, ah I guess i'm missing the system administrator perms?

Clicking on the COG icon gives me only the Projects option and nothing else: http://i.imgur.com/4yVKOx8.png

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

Yup. Contact your sys admin :)

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2013

yes you are correct, if you want to add new status then you need jira admin permission else contact your admin to create new status

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2013

Hi aileen,

You can add new status in your jira workflow. For more in formation see.

Regards,

Patina

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2013
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

Nope, that's a link to this question!

Suggest an answer