Unable to close the sprint because of pending sub tasks on stories not in sprint

Shahbaz Khan July 14, 2021

I have moved 2 stories out of the sprint to the backlog and the sprint status on those stories as well as the tasks shows as Hold Backlog (as it should). But still when I try to close the sprint it shows pending subtasks on the same 2 stories which are not even in the sprint, so cannot close the sprint. 

Not sure what the issue here is - please advise.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

@Shahbaz Khan , if you inspect the subtest that are seemingly holding the sprint closure up what status are they in? I might suggest clearing the sprint from the Sprint field on all issues if in fact the stories and subtasks are clearly no longer in the sprint.

Shahbaz Khan July 15, 2021

@Jack Brickey tried that too.. but didn't work out

0 votes
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Sounds like you're running into https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-9512 .

The workarounds mentioned in that bug tickets are;

• Manually remove the subtasks from the sprint - which you have already done but are still unable to close the sprint
  • Close the sub-tasks, close the sprint and then re-open the sub-task - you might have to give this one a go.
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

That is a very old issue that was fixed in 2013. If that is the cause of the issue here that it needs to be reported to Atlassian. However I wouldn’t suspect that just yet.

Like Airbus Driver likes this
Shahbaz Khan July 15, 2021

@Jack Brickey @Airbus Driver Thank you for the suggestions. It worked but I dont know why I did though - this is what I did..

I moved those 2 stories to the current sprint and closed the sprint by moving those open issues to next sprint, and then manually moved those 2 stories to On Hold backlog.

I understand it is a nasty workaround but somehow I got what i needed for now

Like Airbus Driver likes this

Suggest an answer