Unable to change Security Level unless I am Reporter

Jiri December 22, 2021

I am not able to change Security Level on an issue unless I am Reporter.

As NON-Reporter, I can see the field when I edit issue, but I only see option NONE. I don't see the other levels.

As Reporter, I can change the Security Level to other levels without any problem.

Set Issue Security Permission Scheme is configured correctly including the Role I am in.

My goal is to allow members of Project Role to change Security Level. I believe the setting I have is correct, but don't understand why the other levels are not visible to NON-Reporter, but the member of the Role in "Set Issue Security" permission scheme

Any advise?

2 answers

0 votes
Jiri December 22, 2021

So I figured it out. For some reason the admin team added my user twice to jira with different usernames but same names. I was adding wrong user to the Role :).

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Jiri

The Reporter is added to the Security Level.

So to change the Security Level, add yourself as the Reporter to change the Security Level or contact your Jira Administrator to add you to the relevant group or role, so that you will have proper permissions to add the Security Level.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Jiri December 22, 2021

Hi Pramodh.

I mentioned that the person trying to change the Security Level on an issue has correct permissions. The person has Set Issue Security permission. Still cannot see other level than NONE.

I am both Jira Admin and also Project Admin.

Suggest an answer