Unable to automatically assign via automation

Krishna Chaitanya March 21, 2023

I am trying to restrict wrong assignment of tickets to users by creating an automation that resets the field of assignee if anyone outside of my group of users tries to change the value. I have achieved this by using this to set user upon the automation trigger:

{{fieldChange.fromString}}

I have attached a screenshot of the error I am getting when trying to do this. It just says Inactive user even though this is an active user of my project and space. Can someone help me with what i need to do differently to avoid this from happening? Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 3.10.46 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Randy Michel April 24, 2023

I am having the same issue! I have been trying to resolve it but no dice. I 

Thanasis Nikolaou April 25, 2023

@Krishna Chaitanya @Randy Michel 
Options are:
1. Try using {{changelog.fromString}} instead of {{fieldChange.fromString}}
2. Set up a backup custom field (Back-up assignee) that stores the assignee by automation every time is set by your group of users. Then create another automation with the "assignee" as a trigger and the condition is that if the initiator of this event IS NOT a member of your group then edit the assignee and copy the value from the "Back-up assignee" field.

Sanjivani Wayal August 3, 2023

Hi @Thanasis Nikolaou 

I used {{changelog.fromString}}  it doesnt edits the field in JIRA only removes the Inactive user from Logs

Any idea how to get the previous values only iam working on Multiuser picker field

Thanasis Nikolaou August 8, 2023

I have created this for you to show how you would do it. Obviously, if you have a Multiuser picker field just replace it with the assigned in all instances.

Here are the smart values so you can copy/paste :) 
{{#changelog.[field name]}}{{fromString}}{{/}}
{{#changelog.[field name]}}{{toString}}{{/}}

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

I hope that helps!

Thanasis Nikolaou August 8, 2023
Sanjivani Wayal August 10, 2023

HI,

I was able to resolve the issue that field was also there in other automation to be edited i just changed the triggers and it worked 

0 votes
Thanasis Nikolaou March 21, 2023

Hi @Krishna Chaitanya

Is there any particular reason why you chose not to restrict assignee changes in the project permission scheme to that specific group of people? :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events