Unable to amend base jira URL.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

I have recently cloned my production jira instance (hosted on windows server) to create a test instance. Now, I am not sure how do I bring up the jira interface on my test instance. As it is a clone of production instance, all entries including the jira base URL is identical.

R

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2012

If you would like to change the Base URL, please head to your JIRA Administration menu, then select 'General Configuration'.

There, you will be able to see your current Base URL. At the bottom of the page, you will find a 'Edit Configuration' button.

Click on it, and you will be redirected to a page that allows you to edit various configurations, including your Base URL.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2012

I cant do that because the Jira UI is that of production and if i change it through that the production jira URL will get amended.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2012

No, you were asking how to change the base url in your TEST system - you need to change the base url on there. Joe's answer is correct, and the most detailed.

When you say you "cloned" the Jira, that does mean you copied all the data to another database, which makes it independent of the production installation. I assume you are running the clone on a separate server too (you could run it on the same machine, but I really do recommend separating Test from Production under all circumstances)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2012

Really sorry as I have not explained my problem clearly.

I had a production instance (application and database on different servers). I intend to create a test instance and hence got my application server cloned on another server and also have got an empty database on another server. I need to populate the test database with the data from production database.

I initially thought of taking an xml export from production and then importing it into test instance. But the problem is I do not have a test jira URL to open and import the production xml backup.

Can you help please?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2012

Look at the test server and check the port it is configured to run on. You can then hit http(s)://hostname:port (or even swap the host for the ip address)

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2012

Change the base url from administration under general configuration.

Suggest an answer