Unable to add flags to tickets

Ahmed Daoud May 30, 2023

Hi,

I'm attempting to add flags to any of my tickets on any project. In my previous company, I would click here, and find the option to add a flag and see my ticket highlighted before.

I would like this ability in my new jira.

I can see the custom field 'flagged' is locked, and it has a default screen (which is associated to all my projects), please see below Flagged ticket information:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.37.53.png

The context seems okay, as you can see below it says it's applied to all the issues of any type: 

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.39.11.png 

On find my field it seems ok:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.40.35.png

Although the global settings seem fine, in my project settings->issue layout, when I add 'flagged' in to any of the section (descriptive/context or view when hidden area), it will stay, until I save. Then it will go back to Field list (as if I didn't assign it to my jira). Please see below:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.43.14.png

Also just for some further context, I've added it in my screen where I should expect to see it for all projects:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.45.46.png

Sorry if this was confusing, I just wanted to give some context to the situation!

Many thanks,

Ahmed

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

Hi @Ahmed Daoud,

In Jira cloud, when you right-click on a card on a board, you get the option to just add flag to the issue (card):

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 18.52.00.png 

The card is displayed with a yellow background colour on the board and with a small icon of a red flag. In the issue detail view, that same flag is displayed next to the status dropdown:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 18.52.41.png

To remove the flag again, right click the card again from the board and select remove flag.

Hope this helps!

Ahmed Daoud May 30, 2023

Hi Walter,

Thank you so much for the reply. I quickly realised and had a check and cannot see it available on epics / standard task tickets.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.58.58.png

Ahmed Daoud May 30, 2023

My bad, the only way to do this is by right clicking on the card. Thanks for your help!

phalgun_reddy June 6, 2023

Hi @Walter Buggenhout

i am unable to flag an issue 
i am getting the below error  kindly help!!!

Capture.PNG

0 votes
Ahmed Daoud May 30, 2023

I also can't see it under my actions menu for any ticket in any project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events