Unable to add Story Points column to Filter Results?

Tudor Hofnar June 4, 2013

So I created a filter which does a search "sprint = 11" and I get about 87 results, now I went to configure columns and added the Story Points column but when I go back to the Issue Navigator I can't see the column, even if I export to excel that column is not being exported.

Any idea why this is? I have a feeling it might have to do with the fact that some issues were open in multiple sprints, as in they were not finished in sprint 10 and were moved to sprint 11. Is this the case? If I go to configure columns now I can see the Story Points column is added but it is still not displayed in the issue navigator...

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Maybe you select issuetypes in your search which don't have Story Points. Columns are only displayed if all potential selected issues are using the column. Try restricting the search with "and issuetype = Story" to select only stories.

Henning

Tudor Hofnar June 6, 2013

Right on! That was the problem, one of the issue types that was coming up for the search was did not have the Story Point field so I excluded that issue type.

I didn't think that one issue type without Story Points would prevent the points for showing up for all the other results, just expected it to be blank. Anyway, thanks!

Jason Smith October 15, 2015

Yeah, just ran into this with a user.... definitely seems like a bug!

Suggest an answer