Unable to access User Management despite admin privileges

Clam December 29, 2021

Hi all,

I am running into an issue where despite having administrative privileges I am not able to access the User Management section of the settings.

When trying to access the User Management screen to add members, I see a lock graphic that states 'You Need Permission'. Is there a corresponding admin privilege to access the User Management screen so I am able to add more members?

jiralock.PNG

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Hi Clam,

There are different levels of administration privileges. You do not have the necessary privileges to manage users. You will need to contact your site administrator. 

Clam December 29, 2021

I see, can you tell me what is the corresponding menu that would enable me to access the User Management screen?  I appreciate your help

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

You will not be able to manage users unless your current site/org admin allows you to do so by making you a site admin. With that said you need to ask why you need to manage users. This is not always a good responsibility to have. 

Clam December 29, 2021

Thank you for the help Jack - so basically I would need site admin status prior to being able to access the User Management screen. 

Alan Stephenson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

To prevent from users touching the user management screen you would need to have site admin access. Usually that isn't set by default, but, the site admin can probably setup a global permission to a group you are a member of (if you are not jira-administrators group). I am not sure, I suspect that may be possible but usually you shouldn't need to access user management unless you are a site admin.

0 votes
Viorel Dehelean
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2022

I am having the same issue, even though i just created the site, myself, i should have been a site administrator, however it seems, for some reason, i am not.

What's the fix ?

Suggest an answer