Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to access User Management despite admin privileges

Hi all,

I am running into an issue where despite having administrative privileges I am not able to access the User Management section of the settings.

When trying to access the User Management screen to add members, I see a lock graphic that states 'You Need Permission'. Is there a corresponding admin privilege to access the User Management screen so I am able to add more members?

jiralock.PNG

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 29, 2021

Hi Clam,

There are different levels of administration privileges. You do not have the necessary privileges to manage users. You will need to contact your site administrator. 

I see, can you tell me what is the corresponding menu that would enable me to access the User Management screen?  I appreciate your help

Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 29, 2021

You will not be able to manage users unless your current site/org admin allows you to do so by making you a site admin. With that said you need to ask why you need to manage users. This is not always a good responsibility to have. 

Thank you for the help Jack - so basically I would need site admin status prior to being able to access the User Management screen. 

To prevent from users touching the user management screen you would need to have site admin access. Usually that isn't set by default, but, the site admin can probably setup a global permission to a group you are a member of (if you are not jira-administrators group). I am not sure, I suspect that may be possible but usually you shouldn't need to access user management unless you are a site admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you