Unable to Hide/remove "Project Description" fields from the filters created in "Issues and Filter"

Pulkit Jasrapuria October 11, 2019

Hi Team,

While creating the Filter in "Issues and Filter" section, i am not able to find"Project Description" Column.

The problem is when i export the data in CSV format i can see field "Project Description" but i am not sure from where it can be removed.

Thanks and Regards,

Pulkit

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Hi @Pulkit Jasrapuria

Project Description, alongside URL, type, etc is governed by the field "Project" in column selection. 

If you don't want to see the description, you'd need to remove "Project" which would also remove name, key, etc.

Ste

Thanks Stephen...

But is there any way to retrieve only Project ? 

Issue is when i am trying to make a Web Connection in Excel, the CSV data is breaking due to Project Description.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2019

Hi @Pulkit Jasrapuria

As far as I'm aware there isn't based on that field - it has set functionality based on selection of "Project"

If you wanted more specific data you might need to consider adding a custom field and write a script which adds just the name to that field?

What's the error you receive? I'm no expert on Web Connectors but another user might have faced and overcome this issue :)

Ste

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ appreciate your quick response.

Actually the issue is while converting CSV --> Excel using text to columns, the project description data is overwriting some other columns due to which some data gets overwritten.

But anyways thanks for your help !!

Is there any example of using rest API can you share or else my analysis continues..

PS : accepting the answer..

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2019

I don't unfortunately - good luck with your analysis though :)

If you want to ask a question on the REST API you can always create a new question and there might be other like-minded users who have a solution!

Ste 

Suggest an answer