URL to view the issue using the issue id

Aditi Gupta February 25, 2018

I want to view the issue using the unique issue id.
I tried this link : https://hackerrank.atlassian.net/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?id=24989 

But this link doesn't work.
I want the unique link of an issue that does not change when the issue is moved to another project.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2018

It's <base url>/browse/Issuekey - the issue ID is not really for humans and isn't exposed in the urls.

This is the unique link for an issue based on issue-id :
https://jira.atlassian.com/rest/api/2/issue/769698

I want the URL that is not a REST API link.

Like Yatish Madhav likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2018

There isn't one.

Is there any unique link of an issue that does not change when the issue is moved to another project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2018

Yes, the original issue key as created.  Jira retains the information that you moved it and takes people landing there to the new issue.

If, for example, you create ABC-123, the url is <jira base>/browse/ABC-123 .  You move it to project DEF and it gets numbered 456.  <jira base>/browse/DEF-456 is the new direct url for it, but landing on <jira base>/browse/ABC-123 will take you to <jira base>/browse/DEF-456 as well.

Like # people like this

Thank you..!! This works for me.

Stuart Forrest October 1, 2020

Sorted it for me too. thanks

Yasashree March 15, 2021

Is there a way to get the branch details. to which issue is linked.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2021

Look in the development panel in the issue view.

Yasashree March 16, 2021

Using REST api

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2021

See above.

3 votes
Long Nguyen June 19, 2019

<base url>/issues/?jql=id=<issue ID> should work (as of June 2019)

example:

https://example.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=id=123456

Long Nguyen November 10, 2019

I don't think so since the question is about using the "issue ID" not the "issue key" as the original answer said.

Like Oleksandr Medvid likes this
Oleksandr Medvid October 20, 2020

Thanks to @long nguyen, I solved an issue where I only have stored "issue ID" 

Suggest an answer