URL for workflows

Stacey Hamilton August 18, 2021

We would like to surface in Confluence URLs that link to our custom workflow diagrams. Jira admins can of course open workflow links to the Jira admin section,  but people who are not Jira admins cannot. We want to surface a link that is accessible to Jira users, not just Jira admins.

From a Jira user perspective, workflows display in a modal popup window from the View Workflow link on the view issue screen, and there is no URL associated with them that I can find. it appears unlikely that this can be done, but I wonder if anyone has found a workaround to get a URL for workflows diagrams.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

There is no URL that you can gain access to unless you were a administrator. The best option I can think of which is great because it static is to export the workflow as an image and put it into your confluence pages.

Stacey Hamilton August 18, 2021

Thanks. That is what we were thinking as well, but we feared that would lead to double work and perhaps out of date screenshots if the workflow was updated. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

if your admins follow good change control processes and document the new workflows in Confluence then you could reference the image directly from there.

Suggest an answer