UPM is encountering a 404 error when installing plugin

Garry May February 2, 2015

Hi, I hope someone can assist me!

I'm in the process of writing an Atlassian Connect based plugin and while it works via the local install, and registers in the Market Place it will not install in our Cloud instance as it receives a 404 error at about the 60% mark of the install when uploading it via the UPM.

The add-on host returned HTTP response code 404 when we tried to contact it during installation. Please try again later or contact the add-on vendor.

N.B. I have configured the baseUrl to point to my Cloud9 https based workspace and the files are accessible anonymously.

I'm struggling to find any related doco or examples on how to re-configure the various files for the Market Place, everything so far is for local dev - which is much easier.  If anyone has some further advanced example projects / code or walk-throughs I'd greatly appreciate them!

My process is currently failing at during Step 2 of "Applying a token from the administration console" on the Cloud Installation page.  It should be this painful so I know I'm missing something simple - but what?

ps. how do I get the server logs from our cloud instance of JIRA to check for the real error details?

Thanks in advance

Garry

5 answers

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2015

Glad that you made it!

0 votes
Garry May February 4, 2015

Hi Volodymyr, I found the issue! It was to do with the install of npm on the host...what can I say I buggered it up. Thanks for your assistance.

Daniel Williams June 25, 2018

Hey im having the same issue with you. Do you still have some solution steps as to how you resolved it? Thanks

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Can you look to logs of your play server? The content of mine atlassian-connect.json: { "key": "${addonKey}", "name": "My Work", "description": "Work Calendar plugin", "baseUrl": "${localBaseUrl}", "version": "1.2.22", "vendor": { "name": "Volodymyr Krupach", "url": "${localBaseUrl}" }, "authentication": { "type": "jwt" }, "lifecycle": { "installed": "/installed" }, "modules": { "generalPages": [ { "url": "/calendar", "key": "calendar-page", "name": { "value": "My Work" }, "conditions": [ { "condition": "user_is_logged_in" } ] } ] }, "scopes": [ "read", "write", "delete" ] } I do not have config.json probably because I am on old version of the atlassian-connect-play-java

0 votes
Garry May February 3, 2015

I'm still testing the plugin so I've simply uploaded the code into my Cloud9 workspace and am using the example website/server to host the files. I've did verify that there is SSL based access to these files from various browsers and PC's. I just checked again and the c9 site uses a certificate issued by COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA via sha256RSA (2048) algo. Could it be a configuration issue? I have modified two files as follows - are these correct? atlassian-connect.json "baseUrl": "https://<c9 website demo project>/html/plugin", "links": { "self": "https://<c9 website demo project>/html/plugin/atlassian-connect.json" }, and, config.json "localBaseUrl": "https://<c9 website demo project>/html/plugin", It's just a plugin - it should be this painful... Thanks

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2015

Do you have domain and SSL for your baseUrl? I remember struggling with self signed SSL.

Suggest an answer