Two dimensional filter statistics Query

Hi

One of my users want to populate a 2-dimensional filter statistics gadget using X Axis as Created date of issue and Y axis as Components.

I had a look at the options available but could not find Created date; which makes me feel this is not possible.

Am i missing something?

If not, is there any workaround available?

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

No, it's not possible. The input fields for this gadget have to be distinct countable items, ideally with limited list. Date (and worse, date/time) fields are not definite items.

If for example, I create 10,000 issues, technically, I'd have around 10,000 points on my X axis, each with one point, because each created date/time is going to be different

I know what you're looking for, you really do want just the date - but even that has the problem that the axis could easily become too long to be useful. Imagine data from my first Jira install - it's going to have several thousand days on the axis...

Bascially, you're going to need code to fix this. You could start with a derived field to get the "created date" as *just* the date, instead of being a date-time, but if you're going to be coding, I'd actually take a step back and re-examine the actual report requirements.

Thanks Nic, that explains it. Rahul...

Just realised you are very close to reaching 100K Karmas, congratulating you in advance for achieving the milestone and helping atlassian users in past few years...

Hi Rahul,

Fields that don't have a limited number of options can't be used in the 2-dimensional filter statistics gadget. (Created Date doesn't really have a limited number of options because of the fact that it's a date time stamp and so each millisecond would be an option).

Best regards,

Peter

Take a look to this plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/eu.kprod.jira.stattable-searchers

This plugin adds the "stattable" condition to several fields, so you can use them in gadgets to group by.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 32m ago in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

7 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you