Two Jira instances - Smart commits problem

Wojtek Pilwinski April 5, 2022

Hello,

When I make smart commit on Bitbucket repository, the commit are handled great. I mainly use it for work log and it works fine. But from my second Jira instance I always receive mail that "There was an error processing your smart commit".

And further there is info:

"Jira could not log time against the issue MYIS-2

We encountered the following error:

The MYIS-2 issue doesn't seem to exist."

But actually there is not such issue in that Jira instance, so I don't want to log anything from my smart commit. So I don't need such error. How to turn it off?

The issue I want to log my smart commits is on another Jira instance and it works fine.

For any help great thanks in advance.

Best Regards

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2023

Hi @Wojtek Pilwinski

it looks this is best described by the following bug which is still in status "Gathering Impact", though:

While this is for a on-premise setup it looks the initial issue is the same:

For environments where multiple JIRA instances are connected to Bitbucket with the same user bases this will result in unnecessary failure emails. These confuse users and drive support calls.

You could watch the linked bug and vote for it, signalizing it is of importance to you.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Wojtek Pilwinski May 6, 2022

Hello hello,

I am still wainting for help 🙃

You are all beautiful people and I love you, but please help me with that stupid issue.

Best regards.

0 votes
Wojtek Pilwinski April 8, 2022

Really no one of you met similar problem?

Please help me.

It is annoying when I receive many not relevant e-mail notifications about error.

Suggest an answer