• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Two Dimensional Filter with Status Category

I have this Two Dimensional Filter:

image.png

If I scroll right there are like 10 more statuses, I want to show the same report but with Status Category, it would be easier to read.

any thoughts without Apps?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello Daniel,

Since the Two Dimensional Filter Statistic Gadget does not have the status category to be selected in the XAxis field, I would recommend you to use Labels, Components or even a new Custom field to set the status category of the issues.

Personally, I would use a separated custom field for it, just to keep it more organized. These would be the steps:

1 - Navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Custom Fields

2 - Click to create a new select list custom field (Single choice) with three options: Open, In progress and Done.

3 - Add the field to your project screens and save it

4 - Optional step: instead of adding the field to your edit screens, add it only to the transition screens of your workflow status when the issue moves to a different status category and add post functions to automatically update it. This will avoid users to set the wrong status in the issue.

5 - Navigate to your issue navigator page and bulk add the field to your issues, using a single JQL query to add each of the three field options (Open, In progress, Done) and each query returning the respective statuses of the category. E.g:

status in ("Sendbox UAT", "Deployed", "In progress")

The issues in the query above should be configured with the value In progress in the Custom field

6 - Use the field in the Two Dimensional Filter Statistic Gadget

Let me know if this information helps.

Nice workaround, thanks!

You are welcome, Daniel.

Have a nice week!

Hi Petter, The 2 dimensional filter on JIRA cloud now seems to allow the Status Category to be selected for an axis. When I select it however it states that all the status categories are empty. Is this a bug?

Hello @Brian Lockington

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no "Status category" field to be selected in the axis of the 2-dimensional filter statistics gadget.

If you see this option, you might be referring to either the single "status" options or a created custom field, which is not related to the status category itself. 
I hope the workaround above helps you achieve the goal you are looking for.

Like Brian Lockington likes this

Hi @Petter Gonçalves -thanks for the reply. Maybe I misunderstand, but it looks like I can select it on JIRA cloud? and it is being returned as none?

Any ideas?JIRAStatusCategoryBug2.PNGJIRAStatusCategoryBug.PNG

Hello @Brian Lockington

Thank you for your screenshot.

I see that the gadget you are pointing to is not the inbuilt Two Dimensional Filter Statistic Gadget in Jira, but a different gadget provided by the third-party app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

Since this is a third-party functionality, we suggest contacting the responsible vendor to better understand its functionalities and how you can use it to achieve your needs:

codefortynine Atlassian Apps - Support Portal 

When they reach back to you, please let us know if this app would be a workaround to the lack initially described in this question.

Like # people like this

Thank you for linking to our support, @Petter Gonçalves ! The screenshots show indeed a gadget from Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

@Brian Lockington , we at codefortynine are happy to help you. When you send us a message we usually reply within one working day.

Update: We released an update for Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards that should fix the issue.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you