Trying to use smart values for automation to create subtasks.

William Linder May 23, 2024

So essentially i am trying to create an automation that reads a numerical value that is in a text field and compares it against the rules, that utilize if else blocks. For example, i have so far created 4 outcomes that all are triggered by the "When: Value changes" trigger. The idea is that when an automation runs, it reads the value in the timetracking:remaining slot and if it falls within 1h-10h then it gets subtask 1, or if it falls between 11h - 20h then it gets subtask 2. The issue i have encountered is for the inputs of 3h,4h,5h, the automation ran the wrong rules. Maybe i am doing something wrong here or just using the wrong blocks, but would appreciate any help! thank you.block 1.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2024

Hi @William Linder 

It appears you are trying to compare the human-readable field (e.g. containing values such as "3h") as a number and so the comparisons do not work as they are text comparisons.

Perhaps try the numeric field for such comparisons:

{{issue.timetracking.remainingEstimateSeconds}}

And divide by the appropriate values, as needed, to make maintaining the rule easier for the comparisons.

Kind regards,
Bill

William Linder May 23, 2024

thank you very much, i will give this a shot.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events