Trying to find a good tutorial for Atlassian Cloud

Mark Baker July 15, 2015

Hello! I'm an indie software development PM who is new to Jira - I've worked with teams who have used it before, but the instance has always been built prior to my coming on, and I've mostly worked with modifying workflows, etc. Also, this was a couple of releases back (a little more than a year ago).

I'm trying to ramp my understanding of JIra back up, so I subscribed to a basic instance of Atlassian Cloud and Agile to get started, and I've been trying to follow the JIra 101 tutorial, figuring that between that and YouTube, I could get a good start, since I'm very familiar with most of the concepts the product supports (software PM, Agile dev, etc.).

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a tutorial at all for the most recent version of JIRA Cloud, which is what I think I'm using. That, and all of the really great tutorials on Youtube reference previous releases, and many times the differences are huge and I can't locate the feature referenced at all.

Can anyone point me to a good, current, free tutorial resource for the cloud version of Jira and Agile?

Really want to shift my toolset from what I've been using to Jira, so any information or suggestions much appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
john.pfotzer@verizonwireless.com July 15, 2015

Mark,

Lydia.com is $25/month (a great value for learning, and you can get one month at a time) there is one of the best tutorials there I have used. I recommend that first. Then Udemy.com has about 6 tutorials. They are all good. They price theirs by the tutorial and you can get some for $9/15/etc. Very good values. They are the best I would recommend. Best of success to you.

Mark Baker July 15, 2015

Thanks very much for this, I like Lydia.Com (weren't they just acquired?) and will definitely take a look.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2015

Cloud is updated very often and I don't see the tutorials catching up with that. Your best bet is to look at the most recent user guide and the release notes to figure out what is new.

Suggest an answer