Trying to add a tab in details view

thorsten_jakobsson February 19, 2018

Hi, I have been trying to add a tab to the details view where I want to put a custom field.

I can't make it work. What have I missed? In the first picture, I would like to move the custom field "Sw Item list" to a second tab called "Extra Info". So, in "KTP: Kanban Bug Screen" I have added the tab you can see in the second picture.

It seems like I need to do something else, but I don't know what.

jiratab1.jpg

jiratab2.jpg

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
thorsten_jakobsson February 21, 2018

At last. I added 1 custom field to "Field tab" also. And it worked!

But the custom field I added was there from the beginning.

Just like if adding it a second time  somehow triggered the functionality?

So, I guess it is solved, but it seems to be an odd way to trigger the 2 tabs.

Conclusion is that it seems that the 2 tabs must have at least 1 custom field each.

And you need to add the 2 custom fields after you have created the new tab.

jiratab16.jpg

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

That's weird and I have never had this before. But great, you solved the problem!

:D

I have duplicated the same behavior on another Jira installation now, so I think you can reproduce this. Or if it is something in the version I use? 

Version7.2.2
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Great finding! Glad you managed to solve it!

Will check if I can reproduce!

0 votes
Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2018

Tabs only show on a VIEW screen when there are multiple 'text' style custom fields present in different tabs. 

Nothing here is broken and it's all working as it always has.

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

Hi There!

Seems very weird to me, but here is my idea: on a Bug in the KTP project can you use the edit view to try the "Where is my field" helper? That should give interesting output...

Untitled.pngLet us know!

Thanks

Thanks!

Some kind of breakthrough at least. I will post a number of pictures. In the last picture, when I pressed "Show Fields: All", the extra tab suddenly appeared in the Edit view.

If only that could happen in the Details view also.

jiratab12.jpgjiratab13.jpgjiratab14.jpg

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

OK got it, so the field had a value but it was "hidden" by the user property.

Now that you put it on the screen again, if you hit "Edit" is it still missing from the view screen?

The tab "Extra Info" is still missing from the view screen. The custom field is there.

Here is a new screen-shotjiratab15.jpg

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

Maybe there are indexing problems? Could you try to reindex your instance?

Yes, I have done that. I did it one more time just now to be sure. Still no extra tab in the Details view.

0 votes

Do you mean that I have actually done this correct? So, it could be something wrong in my environment? So, if I do this in another Jira-installation it should work?

My environment is a test-environment so I can figure out how to do this. When I know that, it will be implemented in a live environment.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2018

@thorsten_jakobsson well, everything I see looks correct. It has to work, whether it is a testing environment or not. 

We are discussing your problem actually in an internal chat and I hope, one of us comes up with another idea.

0 votes

Thanks!

Here are the screenshots. I have inserted screenshots both for View issue "KTP: Kanban Default Issue Screen" and "KTP: Kanban Bug Screen". "KTP: Kanban Bug Screen" is the last screenshot.

jiratab3.jpgjiratab4.jpgjiratab5.jpg

jiratab6.jpg

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

So now is your very first screenshot (from Monday) what you're still seeing? i.e. Sw item list is appearing within Details? Could you try to add another field to the Extra info and see what happens?

I'm also concerned because I notice that the tabs you have on the Configure Screen are "Field Tab" and "Extra Info", but your first screenshot is showing "Details"

Here is a new picture from today. I also added one more field to "Extra info" - swItem, just to test. And added data as you can see.

My screenshot is showing "Details". That is the view I would like to change. Am I changing another view?

jiratab7.jpg

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2018

@thorsten_jakobsson - do you see the tab in your edit screen or in your create screen? I've seen that you use the same screen for all three basic operations (what should be no problem, don't get me wrong).

I don't see the tab in either edit screen or create screen (I don't think I need the tab on those screens anyway).

jiratab8.jpgjiratab9.jpg

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2018

@thorsten_jakobsson, to be honest, I have no idea, what is going wrong there. I've reproduced all the steps, I can see in your screenshots and I can see the tabs and the fields in my environment.

Could you please post one more screenshot of your custom field configuration for the field switem? And the screens where this field is used?

image.png

Thank you

First is the field switem that you asked for. After that comes "Sw Item List" that i mainly want to put in the second tab.

Thank you

jiratab10.jpgjiratab11.jpg

0 votes

Hi again, I have a custom field called "Sw Item List" with data as you can see in the first picture in the original post. It is a multiline text field. I would like to put it in a new tab called "Extra info". I have followed the guides I can find and thought I did this correct. I added the new tab in the "KTP Kanban Bug screen" as you can see in the second picture. I removed "Sw Item List" from the "Field tab" and added it to the "Extra info" tab. 

I should now see "Sw Item List" in a new tab called "Extra info". But it looks like in the first picture. Nothing has changed. What did I miss?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2018

Okay, I'm trying to backtrack and check everything. Could you please give a screenshot similar to what I'm showing below, if you go to the project Settings then click on Screens

Picture0002.jpg

As you can see, I am using a different Screen scheme for my "View issues" which is what you're showing in your first shot, versus the scheme for Create / Edit.

Then click on the Scheme for the View issue and let me have another screenshot

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2018

Hi Thorsten

Fields can only appear anywhere once, so you need to first remove it from the Field tab. To do this, on the Configure Screen page, click on Field tab then when you hover over the Sw Item list field, there should be a Remove option. Once removed from there, click on the new tab, click the dropdown Select Field ... and you should be able to add it

Hi, thanks. I have already removed it from the "Fields tab". Otherwise it wouldn't show up in the "Extra Info" tab as you can see from the second picture.

So, I can add it to the "Extra Info" tab. But, the "Extra Info" tab doesn't show up on the screen as you can see in the first picture.

The custom field is shown in the details view, but I hoped that the "Extra Info" tab would appear and the custom field was there.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2018

Then make sure that it has data, because if the field is empty, neither the field nor the tab will show

As you can see from the first picture, it has data.

Suggest an answer