Trouble setting up email for Jira Service Desk

CCG Marketing Team September 23, 2019

Hi,

First time using the product - I'm trialing the cloud version of the Jira Service Desk and I'm having trouble setting up email the way the business would like.

What I'm looking to achieve is to have emails come into the service desk with the email address as the reporter.

Having a look at the options in the Mail Handler, I can see the option to set a default reporter - which is not what I need to achieve or the option to create users. Will the option to create users contribute to the amount of user licenses we need i.e more $$? or is there something I'm missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

If I understand you inquiry this is indeed how it works. That is, you setup a custom email or use the provided atlassian email. This email is used by your customers to submit tickets as an alternative to the Portal. Your customer’s email will resolve into their user name as the reporter.

CCG Marketing Team September 23, 2019

Thank you Jack!

Tonya Latino October 17, 2019

What about the costs incurred due to added customers?  is this the case???

"Will the option to create users contribute to the amount of user licenses we need i.e more $$?"

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2019

if the contributor (collaborator) is currently a JSW or Core licensed user then it will have not added cost implications.

0 votes
Noel John September 24, 2019

Hi @CCG Marketing Team ,

I believe you are looking at the the JIRA mail handler option. you may neglect this and look at the "Email Request " option inside the project settings Page.

verify the customer permission setting ( https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/what-are-the-customer-permission-settings-for-email-requests/ ) so that this option can be used .

Refer below 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/

Suggest an answer