Trigger transition after issue is created

Ignasi Boronat March 27, 2019

I currently created several post functions on the initial "create" transition of an issue. This sets different fields, one of them being Assignee

Function to be created (I already know)

I now want to set different values for a custom field which depends on the value of Assignee. To do that I thought of creating different transitions, checking the value of Assignee and then assigning a value to my custom field accordingly. I know how to do that.

Function I need to trigger (don't know how)

So the problem is: Once the issue has been created with the initial parameters, I need a way to trigger these functions automatically, without user intervention and without changing the issue's status. 

Is this even possible? Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

you could do this w/ an addon, e.g. Automation for Jira, Scriptrunner, Powerscripts, etc. The issue is around the trigger as you have pointed out. Basically, you want to run a script when an issue has been created (after transition) based upon some values. The post functions only work "during" transitions.

Suggest an answer