Trigger Custom Email when issue is not moved to next status from "Open"

Mohan Sundar J April 26, 2021

Dear All, 

I have a requirement to Trigger Custom Email when issue is not moved from "Open" status to next status once the issue created time is greater than 2 hours.

Once the issue is moved to next status within 2 hours then no need for the reminder.

I have scriptrunner plugin but unable to find such condition.

I'm having Jira server 7.4

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hello @Mohan Sundar J ,

I can think of 2 ways to trigger your automation rule :

If you are in a Jira Service Desk/Management project, I would :

1. Create an SLA based on the creation date of your issues
  2. Use the automation trigger "SLA Breached"
  3. Send an e-mail through this automation rule

If you are using a Jira Software of Jira Core project, it will be more complicated as you can't use SLAs, but a workaround would be the following :

1. Trigger your rule using a "Planned" trigger
  2. Request the issues of your project which are created since more than 2 hours
  3. Add a condition to check If their status is still "Open"
  4. Send an e-mail through this automation rule

Let me know if it helps,

Guilhem

Mohan Sundar J April 26, 2021

@Guilhem Dupuy Hi, Thanks for the response, I would like to know if you are mentioning to implement these steps through Scriptrunner or in-house or other plugin?

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Mohan Sundar J ,

I'm talking about "Automation", which is included in Jira, in Jira Server you might have to download it first but it's free :)

Suggest an answer