Translate JQL syntax into Structure Formula

pietro November 7, 2019

Hi all,

let's assume I've got 3 different Jira child_projects and some issues of them have Labels. If present, such Labels match exaclty the IssueKey of my parent_project.

For instance: child_project_1-183, child_project_1-141 and child_project_3-21 issues have got this value "parent_project-123" in their Label fields.

In my Jira Structure, I'd like to display:

1. in Colum A, parent_project IssuesKeys (done, trivial)
  2. in Column B, total number of child_projects issues with a given Label (=IssueKey).
  3. In Column C, sum of Story Pointsof child_projects issues with a given Label (=IssueKey) value

I try to show how Structure should looks like (not possible to attach an picture here):

Column A.                     Column B              Column C

parent_project_123               3                         34

parent_project_124               5                         21

parent_project_125               0                         0

parent_project_126               1                          9

The above figures on first row, in Column B and C, are easily fetched by this JQL:

issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project in (child_project_1, child_project_2, child_project_3) and issuetype in (enabler, story, 'user story')", 'labels','parent_project_123') AND issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Story Points Sum:","StoryPoints.sum()")

But, how can I "translate" this query into Structure formula(s)?

Thanks for your time.

2 answers

0 votes
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 10, 2020

Hi Pietro,

Apologies for answering so late.

if I understand your use case correctly then these are the formulas you would use to accomplish this

Column B:  

SUM#children{MATCH(label, "/TEST-1/")}

Column C:

SUM#children{if(MATCH(labels, "/TEST-1/"); story_points; 0)}

in both examples I used TEST-1 as the given key.

I hope that helps.

(Thank you for using Structure).

Nick Ellis

[ALM Works]

0 votes
pietro November 7, 2019

why was it labelled as spam?

Suggest an answer