Transition of issue (Postfunction)

IT September 12, 2022

I want my issue to transit to particular status (cancel) using transition id depending upon some

Custom field value .

Logs showing 

Moving  (issue key) to 121 is not valid 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

I am not sure it is clear what you are asking for here.

I understand it is based on the value of a custom field (if field = X, then do Y, else do Z), but not what

Do you mean you want to block or allow a transition based on a value in a custom field?  Or you want to change the end status of a transition?  Or you are trying to perform a second transition within the current one in some cases?

IT September 19, 2022

If in custom field value I have selected x value based on that  issue should move to cancel state 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Ok, but when?  Are you trying to perform a second transition after an initial one, or do you mean you want to transition when someone edits a (certain value on) an issue?

IT September 21, 2022

When someone edits a certain value on issue 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

Ok, so a post-function is of no use to you.

You need a listener or automation that acts when a custom field is edited.

Like IT likes this
IT September 22, 2022

Thanks 

I will do that

0 votes
Elvir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

Hi,

Can you check if there is a specific condition or validator on that transition?

Are you using a plugin at the post function? Best regards,

Suggest an answer