Transition linked issues Post function does not work

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

Hi All

I am on Jira 6.1 with the latest version of plugin JIRA Misc workflow extensions.

The plugin provides a post function - Transition linked issues.

I add this post function to my workflow transition however when i test it it does not work. Any ideas whether it is a bug with plugin or is it something i am doing wrong.

PS:

- I confirmed the workflow i made change on is associated to my project (and my issue)

- I confirmed that the two issues are linked together with the correct issue link type

- I tested the post function both with giving parameters of transition ID and transition name.

Rahul

5 answers

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

What about this note:

Also note that the triggered transition (in the linked issues' workflow) should not be associated with a transition screen (which would not be displayed), especially if it includes required fields.

If you want to trigger an existing transition that normally uses a transition screen (such as the "Resolve Issue" transition), you should clone that transition, name it differently, remove the transition screen, and finally add the "Hide Transition" workflow condition so that this new transition remains hidden from users. And then trigger that new transition instead.

Robb F. Watkins May 28, 2019

Thank you for that answer!  Fixed

0 votes
Étienne Borella August 11, 2015

Hi

I found out that the transition in the target (linked) issue will be triggered only if the user transitionning the source issue has the permission in the target issue project to perform that transition. That may be the cause for you.

0 votes
Hiren Trivedi July 16, 2015

I tried the options specified above. But the Transition Linked Issues does not work.

0 votes
tom webb November 4, 2014

How can i get my jira to automatically set the same status on linked issues. e.g 1 issue updates to closed, the linked issue will also be set to closed.. tried everything :(

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

Can you confirm that there is no condition in the linked issue that prevents the issue from being transitioned

Suggest an answer