Transition issue on Zapier

Kaina Roque January 10, 2022

I made an automation on Zapier involving Pipefy and Jira. Every time a ticket is moved to finalized in Pipefy, Jira finds that ticket based on the number and closes it. It worked once, but now it started throwing an error saying that I don't have permission to transition even though Zapier is connected through my Jira account.

Unable to transition issue: Unable to move (IT-4776). You may not have permission, or the item does not have required information. If you continue to experience this issue, please contact your JIRA administrator

1 answer

0 votes
Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2022

Hi @Kaina Roque ,

Have you tested to move this issue manually in the Jira Board? The best way to check is to try a manual move on the issue in the Jira Board and see if it will be transitioned smoothly or an error will appears. 

If there is an error, you may try any of these:

You may check the following details in your Workflow:

- Transitions to the particular status, i.e. is the configuration for "Done status" set to the point, where all statuses can transition to it or not

- Validators & Conditions

Also, have a look if any of the custom fields is set as *Required as it can stopped the transition. 

I hope I helped you.

If this post was helpful, mark it as Accepted solutions, so you can help others who may have the same difficulties.

If your question has not been resolved, please post again with more details.

Suggest an answer