Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Transition from Status1 to Status 2 if Condition 1 is true

Edited

Hi,

All is in the title :), here you have more details (hope you can help me ^^)

So I have JiraItem.Status = In Review 

I would like to automate a transition depending on following condition:

if JiraItem has a linkedissue.Type = "is a review for"  and linkedissue.status=Closed and linkedissue.resolution=done and and JiraItem.status = InReview then jiraItem.status=Released

How can I do to automate this?? heelp

2 answers

Hi @Brenda,

Are you using cloud or server?

I don't think this can be done out of the box, at least I can't see any conditions about linked issues in my instance.

Maybe you could try to use this plugin: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

if not possibly Automation for Jira

hi @Fazila Ashraf yes we do.

However, I don't see which function could apply, maybe the Bulk Fix Resolutions? but what will be the trigger? for my case trigger should be: as soon as condition is True, Jira Item shold change its status.

For what I understood the Bulk fix is as its name says: update several items at once right? 

Fazila Ashraf Community Leader Dec 11, 2018

@Brenda , I think the link doesnt take you directly to Fast Track section :(

But what i wanted to suggest you is the 'Fast-track transition an issue' in that page

This post-function will automatically transition an issue if the provided condition holds true. 

@Fazila Ashraf thaaaanks ^^!! that's exaclty what I need, but I'm a bit blocked, I've an error message in the following condition:

issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())*.issueLinkType.name.contains('is reviewed by')

linkedIssues.getAsString("status") == ["Closed"]
linkedIssues.getAsString("resolution")==["Done"]

'linkedissues' is not recognized.

What I'm trying to do is to verify that Item1 has a link of type "is reviewed by"

and that the item linked to Item1 has status= Closed and Resolution=Done

@Brenda Did you get the above working? I'm trying to get almost the same thing working and trying to figure out how to reference to linked issue's status in Condition field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you