Transition Condition based on content of custom field

Jason Gabbert September 12, 2017

I have an issue with multiple people giving approval. The reviewers are selected in a custom field by the issue author. The individual approvals are then tracked in another custom field.  I would like to put a condition on the transition to approved status when the custom field content includes all the selected reviewers.

I cant use {field_A} = {field_B} since the approvals may come in a random order. Ex:

Required Approvers: A, B, D, E

Approvals Recieved: D, B, E, A

should allow the transtion to approved status.

Tips?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017

What are your custom field types?

Jason Gabbert September 13, 2017

Field A is a check box list, populated with selected initials. Field B is a text box with the same initials being appended.  If I could force the approvals to come in in the same order as the field A selections, then the straight = would work, but the approvals can come in any order.

I need the syntax to search: "is E anywhere in {field B}"

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

Why not just use checkboxes for both? You're relying on issue history for auditing either way. 

You may may consider using two user picker fields instead with transitions to approve into the second field. It makes it enforced by who users actually are, not just a trust that the change history will save you.

Yes, that worked. I thought that using check boxes would display boxes, rather than just a text list, but that is not the case.  Using the check boxes keeps the user approvals in order, making it possible to compare fields as =/!=. 

Thanks!

Suggest an answer