Transferring custom field "priority" in Jira service form to context fields / details section

Ashley Leger April 26, 2022

Within Jira service management forms, you can create custom fields. One of which we created was "priority" or "severity level" for customers to show urgency of submission.  

Within the "context fields" section for each form request type, there is also a "priority" option that automatically assigns a "medium priority level" for customer-submitted requests. 

Is there a way to transfer info collected from a custom field in a form within Jira service management to the details or context fields panel to have it align?

(i.e. instances where customer selects highest priority level in form, but Jira automatically defaults to medium so admin can't prioritize form submissions appropriately within queue, without going into the form and seeing what priority level was actually selected by the customer.) 

Priority Image.pngSeverity Level Jira.png

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Ashley Leger

You can use jira automation which is free in your plan. 

Trigger: issue created

Condition: if else conditions for the severity values

Action: edit issue to set the corresponding priority 

Regards

Ashley Leger May 9, 2022

Thank you @Fabian Lim . 

I tried it but it's not working for some reason. Are you able to help troubleshoot by chance? 

I first did "issue created" but then changed to "forms submitted" since this occurs when customers are filling out and submitting one of the forms within the service management portal. 

automation example.png

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

After submission is the severity custom field populated?

You have to ensure that you link your form field to the custom field severity level.

Also check the automation audit log for more details on what happened.

Regards

Suggest an answer