Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Transfer all products to another organization you administer

When trying to transfer all products from a duplicate organization to our main organization, we get the error "Failed to perform action at this time. Please try again later.". Apparently because our main organization still has the old user management. How can we fix this?

5 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Cas

I am experiencing the exact same thing for some time now at every attempt I make to do this. Since you are on a free site, I escalated your request to the Atlassian team.

Thanks a lot!

How do I submit a request?
The only options are "Explore Community" or "View Documentation"

Hello @Tony Bakalenko,

Welcome to the Community!

I saw that your site is Free, that's why it redirects you to the Community.

I removed what was blocking the transfer of the products to another organization on your site and you should be able to transfer now.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Cas,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The issue that you are facing is related to a block on our side and it's related to the new management experience.

With this said, I removed this block and the transfer should work now. 

Note that, it’s only possible to unblock if the organization has a product linked to it, otherwise, in order to delete the organization it will be necessary to wait for the feature below to be implemented:

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

It transferred successfully. Thank you very much!

Like # people like this

Thx for jumping in on this one, @Angélica Luz

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Hello, @Cas 

If the site is new, it's using the "improved user management" experience... which alas has been "improved" to the level that this particular function doesn't work anymore.

The notice about it is at the top of the page: https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/transfer-products-to-another-organization/

Transferring products won’t work in the improved user management experience.

From your organization at admin.atlassian.com, if the Users list and Groups list are under the Directory tab, you have the improved user management experience and transferring products is disabled. Contact Support to transfer your products to another organization or add a new product to your organization.

That is what I found out. Unfortunately, the contact form leads to the community forums when you're using Jira Free. It's impossible to send a request to support immediately.

Hello @Angélica Luz I am experiencing a similar issue. Transfer all products is disabled.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 8.29.52 PM.png

The duplicate organization has the "improved user management experience" and no verified domains.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you