Transfer all products to another organization you administer

Cas October 12, 2021

When trying to transfer all products from a duplicate organization to our main organization, we get the error "Failed to perform action at this time. Please try again later.". Apparently because our main organization still has the old user management. How can we fix this?

6 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2021

Hi @Cas

I am experiencing the exact same thing for some time now at every attempt I make to do this. Since you are on a free site, I escalated your request to the Atlassian team.

Cas October 13, 2021

Thanks a lot!

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Tony Bakalenko March 8, 2022

How do I submit a request?
The only options are "Explore Community" or "View Documentation"

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2022

Hello @Tony Bakalenko,

Welcome to the Community!

I saw that your site is Free, that's why it redirects you to the Community.

I removed what was blocking the transfer of the products to another organization on your site and you should be able to transfer now.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Cousin Itt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 16, 2023

Hi!

I'm on the same situation, I'd created a site to use and test Confluence but now I need to transfer it to my organisation domain. Confluence and Jira Software (on another site also).

Can you help me?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2021

Hello @Cas,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The issue that you are facing is related to a block on our side and it's related to the new management experience.

With this said, I removed this block and the transfer should work now. 

Note that, it’s only possible to unblock if the organization has a product linked to it, otherwise, in order to delete the organization it will be necessary to wait for the feature below to be implemented:

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Cas October 14, 2021

It transferred successfully. Thank you very much!

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

Thx for jumping in on this one, @Angélica Luz

Like Angélica Luz likes this
1 vote
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2021

Hello, @Cas 

If the site is new, it's using the "improved user management" experience... which alas has been "improved" to the level that this particular function doesn't work anymore.

The notice about it is at the top of the page: https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/transfer-products-to-another-organization/

Transferring products won’t work in the improved user management experience.

From your organization at admin.atlassian.com, if the Users list and Groups list are under the Directory tab, you have the improved user management experience and transferring products is disabled. Contact Support to transfer your products to another organization or add a new product to your organization.

Cas October 13, 2021

That is what I found out. Unfortunately, the contact form leads to the community forums when you're using Jira Free. It's impossible to send a request to support immediately.

0 votes
nigelss December 14, 2022

Also ensure you click the "reset" link on the user access page, as described in the Transfer checklist. It is very small and very easy to miss. You can't just delete the user access domains and invitations.

There is a API request called "reparentBlockers" on the Settings | Details that can show what are the specific steps of the transfer checklist you have missed. For us, it was "USER_ACCESS_SETTINGS". You can find it in the Network tab of Chrome's Dev Tools, or the equivalent Dev Tools on other browsers.

reparentBlockers.png

0 votes
Fredrick Cyril May 27, 2022

Hello @Angélica Luz I am experiencing a similar issue. Transfer all products is disabled.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 8.29.52 PM.png

0 votes
Cas October 12, 2021

The duplicate organization has the "improved user management experience" and no verified domains.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events